This is an exciting opportunity for a full time Environmental Support Technician to join the team and support Exo Environmental with the delivery of dynamic projects, ranging in complexity from small-scale targeted environmental surveys to multi-year EU funded projects in freshwater and coastal environments.
The post holder will be offered a unique role, with an excellent variation in work both in the field as well as in the office. In house training will be provided towards more independent working and taking on more complex roles in due time.
Examples of roles:
- R&D lab support role and data collation and management
- Drafting official letters and tender documents
- Literature reviews and white papers
- Supporting the lead surveyor during hydrographic surveys
- Sediment and water sample collection, including the use of water quality sondes
- Installation of water management features such as brushwood fascines
The post holder should show good attention to detail, be able to perform administration tasks, audit and bookkeeping related tasks. A willingness to travel, good time management and an awareness and ability to make effective decisions regarding on site health and safety is essential.
Demonstrable experience working within marine and coastal environments would be advantageous. With our variable work load and range of projects, we require an individual with a strong work ethic, good financial and people management skills and an aptitude to learn quickly, taking on new roles and responsibilities as required.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate has more than 1 years of practical experience. Specific skills required for the role include:
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car
- Excellent written and verbal use of the English language, including report writing
- Good physical condition to enable working in challenging aquatic environments (mudflats etc.)
- Willingness to work remotely
- Educated to BSc Degree and/or experience of working in industry in a relevant discipline
- Experience of working in aquatic and intertidal environments
- Experienced in the use and handling of small vessels
- Experience of responsibilities for health and safety on site
- Experience of AutoCAD (or equivalent) and QGIS (or equivalent)
- CSCS card holder
- Ability to read and write in French
Job Type: Full-time
Salary (£) –17,000 to 23,000 (pro rata)
To apply for this position, please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) detailing your experience and suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.