We are seeking a Project Manager (fixed term appointment) to join the team and support Exo Environmental with project management responsibilities, ranging in complexity from small-scale targeted environmental surveys to multi-year EU funded projects in freshwater and coastal environments.
The post holder will be required to jointly develop, design and formulate complex multi-year EU funded projects. As part of this work, you will be required to communicate with international teams (UK, FR, BE, and NL) in writing, orally and present complex projects and data sets in a clear and understandable manner to a variety of audiences. The role involves management of processes, deliverables and finances. The post holder should show good attention to detail, be able to perform administration tasks, audit and bookkeeping related tasks.
The post holder will also be required to undertake both lone working and be able to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the field. This can be for periods of up to one week in duration, in remote, tidal locations, both on land and on small vessels. Therefore, a willingness to travel, good time management and an awareness and ability to make effective decisions regarding on site health and safety is essential.
Demonstrable experience working within marine and coastal environments would be advantageous. With our variable work load and range of projects, we require an individual with a strong work ethic, good financial and people management skills and an aptitude to learn quickly, taking on new roles and responsibilities as required.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate has more than 3 years of practical experience. Specific skills required for the role include:
- Educated to BSc Degree and/or experience of working in industry in a relevant discipline.
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Demonstrable experience of project management.
- Experience of technical / scientific reporting.
- Willingness to work remotely and autonomously in the field.
- Broad scientific knowledge and ability to design and undertake environmental monitoring programmes.
- Good attention to detail and ability to interpret scientific data.
- Experience of working in aquatic and intertidal environments.
- Knowledge of marine and waste licence applications and permitting processes.
- Experienced in the use and handling of small vessels.
- Experience of responsibilities for health and safety on site.
- Experience of AutoCAD (or equivalent) and GIS (or equivalent).
- Ability to read and write in French.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary (£) – 18,000 to 29,000 (pro rata)
To apply for this position, please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) detailing your experience and suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org