- On 22nd November 2019
- In General, Project Management, Water Management
- By Luke
When working near water, safety is a priority. At Exo Environmental, a lot of our jobs take place in harbours or rivers and it’s key that we keep ourselves and others safe. We’ve put together this great poster for our top 10 safety tips which you can download for free and display at your organisation.
- Check weather & water level conditions in advance.
- Never enter or work on the water alone.
- Always provide safe means of access & exit.
- Wear a life jacket & check it carefully before each use.
- Never enter the water under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Don’t enter the water unless you are a confident swimmer.
- Look for & read warning & guidance signs.
- Do not enter the water to rescue anyone, call for help & use floatation aids nearby.
- Completely cleanse any cut or scratch, and cover with a water-proof plaster.
- Wash hands thoroughly afterwards, particularly before eating or drinking.
If your organisation requires water safety training or any consultancy for work involving waterbodies, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via our contact page. For more top tips, informative videos and also time lapses check out our YouTube channel!